The second meeting of the academic board of the African Local Government Academy (ALGA) was held from the 7 to 8 June 2016 in the Golden Tulip Farah Hotel in Rabat (Morocco). ALGA is set up by the Pan-African organization of United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa).
Participated in this meeting:
(a) the members of the Academic Board of ALGA;
(b) the representatives of universities, institutes and training centers dedicated to local communities selected to be the first institutions to anchor the Academy at the level of the different regions of Africa, namely:
- for the Region of southern Africa: the Municipal Institute of Learning (MILE) Durban, South Africa;
- for the Region of Eastern Africa: the Ethiopian Civil Service University, Addis Ababa;
- for the the English-speaking Western Africa Region, Institute for Local Governments Studies (ILGS) in Accra, Ghana;
- for the francophone Western Africa Region, Centre International de formation des authorities local (CIFAL);
- for North Africa: Al Khawayne University of Ifrane and the International University of Rabat (UIR), Morocco;
(c) AAPAM, African Association for Public Administration and Management, Nairobi, Kenya;
(d) the representatives of the institutions in support of ALGA: Institute of Housing Studies (IHS) in the University of Erasmus of Rotterdam, the Hague Academy;
(e) representatives of the general secretariat of UCLG-A.